Our Helicopter Pilots
The pilots of Points North Heli-Adventures are the best in the business. All it takes is a look at their experience below to know that you are flying with some of the greatest helicopter pilots in the world! Points North has been utilizing the A-Star helicopters from North Star now for more than 10 years. They are an Alaskan operator and the pilots they employ fly in Alaska year round. Their experience and training assure your safety through rugged terrain in remote locations and provide a wealth of information concerning your overall safety.
- Director of Operations, NorthStar Trekking, Juneau AK (March 2007-present)
- Chief Pilot / Check Airman, Northstar Trekking, Juneau AK. (March 2001-2007)
- Commercial Helicopter Pilot, NorthStar Trekking, Juneau AK (March 1998-present)
- Commercial Helicopter Pilot, Blue Hawaiian Helicopters, Maui, Hawaii. (Oct 1998 – Jan 2000)
- Commercial Helicopter Pilot, Temsco Helicopters, Skagway AK. (Apr 1997- Oct 1997)
- Commercial Helicopter Pilot, Ambrosini Helicopters, Fresno CA. (Dec 1996- Present)
- Commercial Helicopter Pilot , Federico Helicopters, Fresno CA, (Dec 1991- May 1999)
- Commercial Helicopter Pilot, Aviatun SA, Punto Fijo, Venezuela. (July 1995- Oct 1996)
- Commercial Flight Instructor, Mazzei Flying Service, Fresno CA. (Dec 1994- July 1995)
Types of Work
Flight Instruction, Frost Protection, Fire Suppression, Film work, Flightseeing, Fish Spotting, HeliSkiing, Aerial Application, External Load/Sling, Charter, Low Level Animal Capture.
Education / Certification
- Certified Flight Instructor Helicopter (June 1994) Mazzei Flying Service
- Instrument Rating Helicopter (Jan 2001) Mazzei Flying Service
- Check Airman AS350 series.
- Chief Pilot External Loads for NorthStar Trekking
- State of California Pilot Pest Control Certificate
- Robinson Helicopters CFI safety course, Nov 1994, 1996
- AS350 factory recurrent training May 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2010
- Physiological Training, Edwards Airforce Base, Ca
- Total Helicopter Flight Time- 6025 hrs
- AS350 BA, B2- 4200 hrs
- R22 Hp, Beta, Mariner 1360hrs
- Bell 206 BIII 175hrs
- Sikorski S55T 75hrs
- Other Models include: Hiller 12E, Bell 204 UH1B, EC120, S300C, MD600N, MD500C, Bell 47
- U.S. Army OH-58 Aeroscout Observer training August 1989 (copilot OH58)
- River City Helicopter – Secured the addiction – Private Helo rating 1992
- North Idaho College – Small Business Management, 1992 to 1994
- Mazzei School of Aeronautics – Inst Comm CFI (Fresno, CA), June 1995.
- School of Hard Knocks – My own 135 Air Carrier Cert #QOVA967J 2000-02
- BO105 multi eng 318 hours
- EC135 multi eng 221 hours
- AS 350 Series 837 hours
- Bell 206 SIC / PIC 369/15 hours
- SA315B PIC 239 hours
- Bell 47 Soloy 231 hours
- Hughes 269C 440 hours
- Robinson R-22 730 hours
- Total Rotor Helo 3475 hours
- Pilot in Command 3106 hours
- Instrument- hood 180 hours
- Cross Country 1056 hours
- Night Cross Country 245 hours
- Mountainous 2049 hours
- Ext Load long line 220 hours
Licenses & Ratings
- Commercial Instrument Rotorcraft Helicopter, FAA II Class Medical , Float Endorsement, Flight Instructor Rotorcraft Helicopter (FAA#3038621CFI 9/08)
- 2003/04 U.S. Forest Service Carded: AS350
- External Load / long line
- HNVGO qualified EC135 / AS350
- Skydance Helicopter Line pilot 133 / 135 operation 2008 – May thru September
Minden, NV Core drill longline contract
- NorthStar Helicopters Pilot for 135 Tour Operations – 1901 Renshaw 2007 & 2008 Feb,Mar,April – Heli Ski contracts.
Juneau, AK 99801 1999 & 2000 seasons tours/charter flights in mountainous, glacier environment
- Metro Aviation, Inc. Check Airman/Regional Standards 2003 – 2008
PO Box 7008 started as 135 line pilot air ambulance then transitioned Shreveport, LA 71137 to check airman EC135 and BO105 / Region Standards officer
- River City Helicopters Relief Helitack Pilot 2003
6995 W River View Dr. Relief pilot for U.S. Forest Service (IDL) contract based in Post Falls, ID 83854 Coeur d’ Alene, Idaho.
- Monarch Aviation, Inc. Owner / Director Ops 135 Air Ambulance 2001- 2003
213 Euclid Ave Started business at Bonner General Hospital, Sandpoint, Idaho - Sandpoint, ID 83864 area. Program vendor for Aircraft and Pilot staff.
- Medical Air Transport Line pilot for 135 ops air ambulance 2000 – 2001
910 S. Ponderosa Participated in set up of new base for stand alone Payson, AZ 85541 program remote base in Roswell, NM
- Silverhawk Aviation 135 Ops / R22 & H269 Instructor – 1998-99 & (2003 fire IDL)
4317 Aviation Way Managed flight operations, maintenance and business - Caldwell, ID 83605 schedules, instruction and bid contracts single helicopter
- Heliski Pilot, NorthStar Trekking, Juneau AK. (April 2001- present)
- Fire Helicopter Pilot, Washington Department of Natural Resources, WA (2008-2010)
- Ski Patrol, Mammoth Mountain, CA
- Rescue Technician Yosemite Ca
Types of Work
- Fire Fighting, Helisking, Tours, Filming, Other Utility Work
Education / Certification
- Eurocopter factory training course
- Instrument Rated Commercial Pilot and Flight Instructor
- Total Helicopter Time : 4000+ hours
- Aircraft Models Astar, Bell 212, UH1-H, AH1-F, Robinson
- Fire Fighting
- Power line construction
- Mineral Exploration
- Search and Rescue operations
- Aerial Game Capture
- Flight Instruction
Education / Certification
- Commercial Instrument Rotortcraft Helicopter
- Instrument Flight Instructor Helicopter
- US Forest Service Carded – AS350 BA, B2, B3,MD500
- AS350 Factory Training
- Robinson Helicopters Safety Course
- AS 350 Series
- MD 500
- Robinson R-22/44
Michael S. Lammlein
Over 30 years of airplane and helicopter experience in both the military and civilian environments.
Summary of Experience
- Airframe: Cessna, Beechcraft, Cub-Crafters, Piper, Grumman, Taylorcraft, Ercoupe, Lockheed, Dehavilland, MDHC, Sikorsky and Eurocopter,
- Engine: Pratt & Whitney, General Electric, Continental, Lycoming, Franklin, Turbomeca and Allison,
- Floats: Edo, PK, Wipline, and APICAL emergency pop-out,
- Avionics: Garmin, Bendix-King, NAT, Technisonics, ICOM, Trans-Cal, ACK and Artex,
- Camera mounts: Tyler mid & nose and Airfilm nose.
- Modifications: Experienced in the installation of numerous STC and US FAA field approved repairs and alterations.
- Field (all in Alaska): Heli-skiing, USFS/BLM fires, Film and Photo, and External loads.
- 1999-Present: Director of Maintenance for NorthStar Trekking, LLC (dba NorthStar Helicopters), Juneau Alaska.
- 1998-1999: Director of Maintenance for Seaborne Aviation, Inc., USVI (St. Croix).
- 1993-1998: Lead aircraft technician for Silver Bay Logging, Inc. (FAA Certified Repair Station), Juneau Alaska.
- 1991-1992: Aircraft mechanic for Williamsburg Aviation, Inc., Williamsburg Virginia.
- 1989-1991: Aircraft mechanic for Redlands Aviation Corporation (FAA Certified Repair Station), Redlands California.
- 1980-1990: Aircraft Maintenance Technician, E-5 (Staff Sargent), US Air Force, Norton Air Force Base California and Ramstein Air Base West Germany.
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University: Currently entered into Professional of Aeronautics degree program,
- Eurocopter AS350 series and Turbomeca Arriel 1 series Field Maintenance courses,
- Numerous FAA and industry seminars,
- U.S. Air Force career and managerial courses.
- USA FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate,
- USA FAA Inspection Authorization,
- USA FAA Private Pilot (SEL),
- USA USFS Carded – AS350 & Arriel series,
- FAA AMT “Ruby” Award 2008 (latest),
- FAA AMT Company “Diamond” Award 2008 (latest),
- HAI AMT 5 Year (2004), 10 Year (2009).