Antarctica with Points North and IceAxe Expeditions
We can take you there! THIS TRIP WILL SELL OUT.
Join Points North and Ice Axe Expeditions for a unique itinerary to the vast and remote wilderness of the Antarctic Peninsula. Our trips and itineraries are customized for those with an adventure-driven spirit; providing our clients with a unique opportunity to trek, ski and snowboard several of the White Continent’s untamed peaks. Journey deep into the rugged landscape of one of earth’s last frontiers while enjoying the convenience, safety and comfort of the Clipper Adventurer expedition ship. Sail past Cape Horn, across the Drake Passage and along the Antarctic Peninsula and join an exclusive group of intrepid travelers inspired by the legacy of Antarctic discovery.
Experience true modern exploration as you travel to a land covered by glaciers, never conquered by man. Travel through alleys of icebergs and study the blue mystery of such extraordinary formations of nature. Explore harbors and bays while surrounded by clouds of seabirds and become enveloped in the raw magnificence. Witness the profound beauty and isolation of a land covered by ice. Listen to glaciers calve and observe with wonder minke whales, black-browed albatross, snow petrels, penguins and seals. Ponder the complexity of the fragile and dynamic ecosystem of the Antarctic Peninsula.
Daily shore landings, lectures and zodiac excursions will cover the history, biology, geology and politics of our Southernmost continent. Actively explore this frontier or contemplate the social structure of a penguin colony-this once-in-a-lifetime trip is for you.
November 5-17, 2014. (13 days, 12 nights)
For berths aboard the CLIPPER ADVENTURER*
- Lower Deck Twin: $8,990 per guest
- Main Deck Twin (porthole): $9,890 per guest
- Main Deck Twin (window): $9,990 per guest
- Main Deck Single: $14,985 per guest
- Upper Deck Superior: $11,690 per guest
- Upper Deck Deluxe: $12,790 per guest
- Suite: $13,890 per guest
- The Captain’s Suite: $15,990 per guest
*Airfare not included
*All pricing per person
*Contact our office to discuss accommodations and pricing for children.
Cruise Cost includes:
- 1 night pre-expedition shared hotel accommodation in Ushuaia, Argentina. This room includes a continental breakfast.
- Group dinner in Ushuaia.
- Group transfers from the hotel to the ship on embarkation and from the ship to the airport on disembarkation and all miscellaneous service taxes and port charges.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on board the Clipper Adventurer.
- Shore landings and Zodiac excursions as permitted by weather and local conditions by onboard historian, ornithologist and marine biologists.
- Ski guide services.
- Presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers.
- Expedition certificate.
- Photographic CD chronicling the voyage.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information package.
- Use of a pair of rubber expedition boots on loan for shore landings. These will be returned at the end of the voyage.
- Airfares to or from your home city, whether on scheduled or charter flights.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Any government arrival and departure airport taxes.
- Ski equipment.
- Any meals ashore with the exception of breakfast at the host hotel and the traditional Argentine asado dinner on the evening prior to departure.
- Baggage, cancellation and travel insurance (emergency medical and evacuation insurance is mandatory. Ice Axe can help you to arrange this insurance if you need assistance). We STRONGLY encourage cancellation insurance.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges onboard the ship or at the hotel.
- Telecommunications and internet charges
- Customary gratuity at the end of the voyage for stewards, guides, and other service personnel.
How do I reserve my trip?
- Contact Points North and we will reserve your berth today. You can also contact Ice Axe Expeditions by phone (530-582-1246) or email (email@example.com). Just let them know you are with Points North.
- You may place your deposit via check, wire transfer, money order or with a Visa or MasterCard credit card. A 50% deposit is required upon booking to reserve your place. The final balance is payable 95 days prior to your departure date. A 5% service charge applies for credit card processing.
- Berths will be sold to those who complete their registration materials and return them as first come, first served.