Equipment to Pack
Alaska is a showcase of Mother Nature’s amazing display of powder and beauty. With that in mind, there are some essential gear requirements we ask you to bring. If you do not have these items, Points North will provide you with everything listed below except for a Motorola radio, water bottle and skis.
Visit our GEAR Page to see what we use.
This gear is a must prior to riding
- Avalanche transceiver
- Climbing harness
- Probe pole
- Ski / Snowboard backpack
- Small shovel
- Water bottle (no camelbacks, they freeze up)
- Motorola radio
- Skis / Board
(Optional Volkl ski rental – $40/day)
This next list is recommended.
We feel it will make your trip that much more enjoyable.
- Powder jacket and pants
- Warm hat and gloves (temp. range 0 – 40F)
- Waterproof jacket and pants (boats and sea kayaks)
- Camera / film
- Ice climbing gear
- Video camera
- Gym shoes (indoor dodge ball and basketball)
- Bathing suit (sauna and pool)
- Fishing pole