Schedule & Rates for Cordova, Alaska
Points North Heli-Adventures, Inc. is the only heli-ski operation in Alaska that is truly all-inclusive with a one of a kind Chugach experience.
The PNH Difference
Points North Heli Adventures is the only heli-skiing operation utilizing the southeastern side of the Chugach Mountains. Over the past decade, the Chugach Range has proven to be the premier destination worldwide for helicopter skiing and boarding. Accessed by ferry or plane, Cordova is unlike any other community in the state. Alaska Airlines flies into Cordova twice daily from Seattle and Anchorage. Upon arrival, a PNH team member will greet you and help with your luggage. A short, fifteen-minute drive to our facility offers many opportunities to see bald eagles, moose and the beautiful town of Cordova. Along the way you will also view the breath taking Chugach Mountains that you will soon be skiing or riding.
Our base location in Cordova is 40 miles from Valdez and allows us to provide you with a ‘private’ playground in our backyard. While other 5 operations in Valdez share terrain, we are able to explore areas that the others cannot conveniently access. We continue to find new terrain each year catering from the intermediate level recreation skier to the world-class athlete. If you have heard of heli skiing in Alaska, and are already this deep in your research of operators, it is more than likely we have terrain to suit your desires.
With over 2000 square ski-able miles available out the front door, there is more terrain than one could ski or ride in a lifetime!
Our lodging is all-inclusive. Our facility is not a hotel or motel. It is a beautiful state of the art facility located directly on the waters edge. All of our aircraft are a few steps away from your room eliminating the drive to the heli port each day. Everything is located here on the property. All of our meals are guaranteed to make your mouth water and our local chef specializes in fine cuisine. Within the lodge we also offer wireless Internet access, just in case you are thinking of work while on vacation.
The price one pays for his/her day is based on our heli-hour rate, averages around $975 (for 7-9 runs) $1200 (for 9-12 runs). Most operations sell a vertical package or a 6 run day, which is great however, at PNH it is very common to obtain 6 runs by lunchtime. An average ski day is generally 8-12 runs and allowing you to keep an eye on your heli-time.
History of Points North: About our operation
PNH is the only heli-operation utilizing this portion of the Chugach Mountains. There are more first descents than one could obtain in a 100 lifetimes. Most people believe that Alaska is very extreme place. Its is and can be, however movies and magazines have made it that way. We have over 2000 square ski-able miles of terrain catering to the high intermediate skier or the world-class athlete. Taking care of you and keeping safe is most important. Alaska has something for YOU, this we guarantee!
Points North Heli-Adventures is the only heli-ski operation in Alaska that is all-inclusive. We do not offer you a guaranteed vertical package rate. This is what makes Points North special. Weather in Alaska is too unpredictable to guarantee grand expectations of vertical, yet it is also the weather that makes Alaskan heli-skiing the super bowl of riding. You will get your vertical on fly days for certain!
7 NIGHT ALL-INCLUSIVE TRIP
You will find below a weekly 2015 schedule to use for your travel planning.
- Week 1 :: February 21 – February 28
- Week 2 :: February 28 – March 7
- Week 3 :: March 7 – 14
- Week 4 :: March 14 – 21
- Week 5 :: March 21 – March 28
- Week 6 :: March 28 – April 4
- Week 7 :: April 4 – 11
- Week 8 :: April 11 – 18
- Week 9 :: April 18- 25
**Please note: Saturday’s are change over days. Guests do not ski on their arrival days.
Trip Cost: $5,575
TOTAL DEPOSIT: $2,775
REMAINDER DUE: $2,800 (45 days prior to arrival)
- 4 heli-flight hours, per person. An average day is around 1.34 heli- hours (8-10 runs).
- 4 heli-hours generally is equivalent to 3 days of flying.
- Guests can expect to get 8-12 runs per day. It’s not uncommon for groups to come home with 12 & 13 run days (if they desire) later in the season, as daylight is longer.
- 7 nights lodging, per person. This includes ALL of your meals, lodging, and transportation.
- Essential gear (beacon, harness, pack, shovel, probe and helmet).
- Optional Volkl ski rental $40 per day. If you would like to try Volkl’s latest ski line, we invite you to do so.
- Single occupancy room rate $250 for the week. Please note, if you come by yourself, we will do our best to give you a single room at no extra cost.
- Gratuity not included.
If in the event you go over your 4 heli-hours, you simply pay as you go. Additional heli-hours will be at a discounted rate of $950 per heli-hour. You are priority to fly.
Refund Policy for the Standard Package:
The Points North refund policy is as follows: Due to the high demand for optimum times and helicopter scheduling, no cash refunds will be given. The refund policy applies for all situations, no exceptions! Credit will be given for full value of deposit on a later booking if cancellation is made (90) ninety days prior to scheduled arrival. 50% of deposit will be credited if cancellation is made (60) sixty days prior to scheduled arrival. No credit will be given for cancellations after the (60) sixty day mark.
In the event “no fly days” occur due to weather or high avalanche conditions, you will receive a PNH credit of 50% of your unused flight reservation fee. This is based on 6 days. All credits are available on account for two calendar years toward the use of a deposit for a future trip. There shall be no crediting or refund of the lodging fee due to pre-booked reservations well in advance. We suggest you get travel insurance prior to your trip to cover any unforeseen costs do to trip cancellation.
Points North retains the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime and cancel, move, change or re-schedule a trip without notice at anytime, for any reason. Clients will not lose funds, but will however be credited funds to a future trip.
Injury or Sickness
- There are NO refunds for injury or sickness. Verification of this prior to your trip, the same rules apply as written above.
- Points North is not responsible for lost bags during your travels.
- If you opt to not ski/snowboard for a day before your 4 heli-hours is used, you will be responsible for payment for that day. A spot in the helicopter has been reserved for your trip.
- If you get hurt in the field, you are responsible for the heli time to get back to base. You are also responsible for the total heli time your group has used for the day.
- We do recommend that you obtain trip insurance prior to your trip for this reason.
We recommend Travel Guard Insurance. They are great!
Our cancellation and refund policies are absolute. We highly recommend travel insurance for all of our guests. Travel insurance covers you for unexpected cancellations, injuries, lost or stolen luggage and more. It is a very in-expensive price to ensure your trips success.
Learn more about the insurance available from Travelguard: TravelGuard.com