- AAIRE Avalanche I and II Certification at Alpine Skills International, Truckee, CA.
- Wilderness First Responder Certified through Wilderness Medical Institute, Incline Village, NV.
- Trained in glacier travel and crevasse rescue, Chamonix, France
- CPR Certified through Wilderness Medical Institute, Incline Village, NV
- Extensive backcountry/ski mountaineering days in my home range, The Sierra Nevada.
- 6 months of ski mountaineering in Chamonix, France
- Several backcountry trips to the Rockies, Wasatch and Teton mountain ranges.
- Backcountry focused trips to Alaska including Denali and the preliminary backcountry feasibility study at Points North.
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Whitewater Kayaking