Utilize my skills and abilities to the fullest, to enhance my professional and personal contributions and growth.
Experience / Qualifications
- Guide: Points North Heli-Adventures, Inc. – Cordova, Alaska – 1999-present.
– client safety, snow and terrain assessment, glacier travel, communications, helicopter operations, avalanche control and procedures.
– bungee and fishing guide for down days.
- Owner / Operator: Primal Instinct – 1991-present.
– client and staff safety, rigging procedures, training of staff and clients, stunt coordinator.
- US Heli Ski Association Level III Mechanized Ski Guide
- California State University, Chico, BA, Phys. Ed. exercise science/physiology.
- US Coast Guard / Masters Captain Lic.
- Alaska EMT I
- Medic / Cordova Volunteer Fire Dept.
- Avalanche level II Certified, Alpine Skills International
- Back Country & Avalanche Rescue Response, Cordova Alaska
- Confined Space / High Angle Rescue, Cordova Alaska
- Red Cross Cert. Lifeguard
- Ski Safety Patrol, Mt. Eyak, Cordova AK
- All-Seasons Wilderness Guide: Rafting, Fishing, Skiing, Wildlife Photo, Brown Bear Observation, Launch Site Exploration
- International Snow Science Workshop
- Helicopter Short-Haul Rescue
Interests / Activities
- Playing in my backyard – Chugach Mountains, Copper River Delta, North Gulf Coast AK
- Learning new ways to experience gravity, water and snow
- Fitness and Training
- Meeting new people
- Family and Friends
He has been in Cordova since the first season and never left. Has he ever missed a season?