Grew up in West Virginia and Tennessee
Lives in Leavenworth, WA
To guide people to the best days of their lives and inspire folks to practice good decision making while getting after it in the mountains.
- Co-Owner, Guide, & Instructor at Cascade Powder Cats at Stevens Pass, WA (2006 – Present)
- Snow Safety/Forecast/Rescue Team – Alaska Avalanche Information Center – Tailgate Alaska (2012 & 2013)
- Instructor/Consultant – Great Northern Powder Guides – Guides Training – (2012)
- 15 years of guiding on snow and rivers including time in Montana, the Sierra, the Cascades, and Idaho.
- AIARE Avalanche Instructor
Education and Certs
- AIARE Avalanche L1, L2, L3, & L1 ITC Certifications
- Wilderness First Responder (2002 – Present)
- Technical Rope Rescue – Remote Medical (2008)
- Swiftwater Rescue – Rescue 3 International
- Tower Climbing Rescue – ComTrain
- Snow Hydro-Tech – NRCS Montana SNOTEL Program 2011-2012
- B.S. Civil Engineering , Water Resources – Gonzaga 2002
- 3 Seasons spent exploring the Chugach Mountains via ski and snowmobile.
- Ski Touring throughout much of the western US, Interior BC, and the Coast Range.
- Lots of time on the tuning bench dialing in skis for ridge hippies at Bridger Bowl.
- Skiing Chugach lines from the ground up.
- Fly Fishing
- Cruiser Alpine Climbs
- Figuring out semi – Retirement
Ryan is the leading technician of seatbelt operations at PNH.