Are you looking for an affordable way to experience the famous Chugach Mountains?
After 8 years of running our tour camp program with great success, we are taking a year off to ponder location and structures. We had a wind event occur this past season that required evacuation and we just want to make sure that doesn’t ever happen again! We will have the heli accessed tour camp program back up and running for the 2020 season and we can say in confidence, it’s going to be a year not to miss!
With that said, there is an alternative program we will be offering for the 2019 season:
Price: $3,850, per person:
- 7 nights lodging (all-inclusive)
- Meals, lodging, transportation during your time in Cordova
- 3 days of heli touring (guests will be based at PNH base / lodge). Each tour day guests will be taken out in PNH heli, dropped off for the day of touring and flown home, via PNH heli back to base.
- Remainder of days, touring around Cordova which offers fantastic tour options.
- Guide and tail guide included.
- If the week is a great weather week, additional heli time will be available for purchase.
Schedule – Space is limited to 8 guests per week:
- PNH week 2: March 2-9
- PNH week 3: March 9-16
In Your Words“I have to take a brief moment here to tell you two again how awesome of a time I/we had on the PNH yurt trip. The whole thing wildly exceeded my expectations, and – beyond the magic of beautiful weather and ridiculous pow – was a spiritual experience for me. Camp couldn’t have been much comfier, the guides and Wes could not have been more accommodating in every sense – touring, safety, scoping and sticking lines, prepping food, and just being all around great guys – and it goes without saying that the skiing was just plain phenomenal. From the experience of a first ascent/first descent, to the velvet powder right over the hill from camp, the whole experience was, well, something that has made returning to the “real world” really difficult! Again, thank you for your vision in putting this experience together, and for letting us be a part of the first season. All the best with the Warren Miller filming, and the rest of the season. Hope to see you again soon!” - Atha“The Points North Heli touring program is pure, unadulterated skiing. You spend a week deep in the Chugach Mountains doing what you came to do: ski. The best part is, you don’t have to go home at the end of the day. You get to stay out there in the endless alpenglow, eat delicious food, and relax with your friends at the 5-star winter camp. The terrain you ski varies from powder fields, to spines, to wide ramps, to tight couloirs. You get to have it all, and perhaps more importantly, you get to have it all to yourself and your friends. Highly recommended for competent backcountry skiers who love to tour, have always dreamed about a week-long backcountry trip in Alaska, but lack the time and resources to put together an expedition like this on their own. Here, Points North Heli handles all the logistics and lets you show up with your crew to simply go ski the best terrain on Earth.” - Sam Petri, TGR
Since you’ll be visiting and skiing with us as backcountry skiers and mountaineers, we assume that you will be showing up to Cordova with the necessary equipment to have a safe, enjoyable stay.
All trips are with one of our certified PNH guides however; it is highly recommended that you read up on avalanche safety techniques and glacier travel protocols before your trip. This will also be refreshed with you prior to departure into the mountains. Please contact us with any questions.
(*) Starred items are recommended, but not totally necessary.
- Ski / Snowboard
- Ski boots
- Ski Backpack
- * Airbag pack
- * Avalung
- All other basics that go along with backcountry skiing
- Ice axe
- Hand Prusik-1
- Texas style Foot Prusik-1
- Shoulder sling
- 3 locking carabiners
- Talk-about radio. Nothing fancy, Motorola makes a great talk-about
- Extra batteries for all your electronic equipment
- Backcountry bindings (Tele, AT, Split board)
- Sun/Touring hat
- Warm hat
- Warm Gloves, Medium Gloves, Light Gloves
- Small repair kit for your own personal equipment
- Personal first aid and hygiene equipment
- Disposable hand and foot warmers
- Snacks for touring (We will supply snacks and sandwiches, but if you have your own snack program we recommend you bring those items, such as GU, Shot Blocks, Energy Bars, etc.)
- Snow boots or camp booties
- Hardshell jacket and pants
- Long underwear for warm and cold weather
- Base Layer Top
- * Medium Insulating Layer Base (ex: fleece touring shirt)
- Warm jacket (puffy) and *insulated pants for camp
- Ski socks
- Warm camp socks
- Minimum 0 degree sleeping bag (the warmer the better)
- Water Bottles
- Coffee Cup
- Sleeping Pad
- Skin wax
- * Sleeping bag liner
- * Ski Crampons
- * Whippet
- * Softshell jacket and pants
$3,850All Inclusive (meals, lodging, transportation).3 days of heli touring (guests will be based at PNH base / lodge). Each tour day guests will be taken out in PNH heli, dropped off for the day of touring and flown home, via PNH heli back to base.Remainder of days, touring around Cordova which offers fantastic tour options.Guide and tail guide included.Additional heli time will be available for purchase.